[Supertux-Devel] Enemy blocker

Wolfgang Becker uafr at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 02:27:49 PDT 2007

On 20071014 DirtY iCE <DirtY.iCE.hu at gmail.com> wrote:
> long time ago, there was a problem with the invisible blocks: it was
> invisible only for the player.. and this caused mystrious bugs for the
> users, like the fire disappears at the middle of nothing.. so it became
> fixed. and now is totally invisible, so objects can go across it..

> but many levels (look into the bonus levels) used it as an enemy
> blocker: if you put an invisible block on the ground, the enemy will

Lots of the bonus world don't work well with the SVN anyway.  Often
the timing is no longer right. Adjusting them while the engine is
not stable seems like a waste of time. Do we want to include them in
MS2 at all? Do the designers want them in MS2 if they no longer work
as intended?

> this object treated as solid for every object, that derived from the
> BadGuy class.. if it's not, it will ignore it.. (so the fire objects
> will happily go through it, while with the older trick it didn't)

This object will change the behaviour of badguys in a way that looks
inconsistent for the player. Sometimes they walk all the way, sometimes
(when blocked) they turn around. What about a visible monsterblocking
object instead?

Tschüß,
Wolfgang
--