[Supertux-Devel] Help with building SuperTux in Windows

Saiyasodharan R saiy2k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 03:12:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

I wanted to study the Source of SuperTux, in order to improve my game dev
skills, as I am a passinate about Game Development and just recently entered
the Game Dev Industry. And so, I followed the steps at
http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/Building_on_Windows and downloaded all
files given there.

I am not sure whether I understood the "Getting Busy" topic, where we
extract all the downloaded files. I attached a Picture with this mail that
shows how I extracted things and how my files are. Can someone please assure
me, whether I did was right?

Then I have some problem with MSYS. I cant navigate to the parent folder of
MSYS and so I cant access the "Physfs" folder. So, the following code is not
working:

cd /physfs*
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -G "MSYS Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/local
make
make install

I attached the screenshot of MSYS error along with this mail.

I am used to Visual C++, where it wont even require us to set an
environmental variable. So, can anyone please help me regarding this..

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Regards,
Saiyasodharan