[Supertux-Devel] Suggestions and questions about SuperTux

Leduc Benjamin giby_the_kid at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 21 10:32:23 PDT 2016

Hi Raf,

Thanks for your enthousiasm.
Before an active dev answered, I think you should try the dev version, it may answer your questions ;)

question-1: Where's the  difference between Milestone 1 and 2? Is the forest Milestone 2 or the iceland?

Milestone 2 get a complete rewritting, more stable… using SDL2 etc… then few cosmetic change… It has been a long process and team was small…

question-2: What was the plan for supertux 0.3.0? Milestone3 or what. The worldmap was crazy and what that means?

I think the Milestone2 is Stable: 0.4.0… or… Well, the project was about dead after milstone 1.9 and Thanks to Tobbi, it has been kept alive the time new dev came in…

question-3: Why you deleted ST editor for Milestone2? I <3 ST editor. Good that you returns it.

At that time, the editor was considered as too big, and it was regarded as useless by the team of that time… Then a better editor was created as an independant program and flexway was also suittable for level desining, in a betterway that the built in editor… the drawback is… these programs were not maintained properly …

question-4: Can i send you some levels that i made and they seems good or if i can all world for maybe bonus island 4 or something :).                     (I have right now 11 levels made out of around 35 so if i can send worldmap i will send it probobly after 2 months.)                     (I must go to school.)

Sure ;) I think you can submit them on the forum, or just ask on our IRC chanel what is the proper way to submit a level…

You can also design your own addon, that could be DL from game

 question-5: What program do you use to make levels in supertux?

I used the stand alone level editor last time I made a level… It was not working on OSX from leopard, and did not work properly on windows from vista…

Mine to make suggestion: please space your text!

GiBy